Shimano XTR Disc Brakes (BR-M9120) Front - N04C Metal
Availability: In stock
The Shimano XTR BR-M9120 hydraulic 4-piston disc brake with 2-finger brake lever, fits seamlessly into the line-up of the new XTR M9100 component group. Higher braking force with less effort on the fingers and extremely linear response to the lever movement.
4-piston disc brake with excellent braking power: the XTR BR-M9120 from ShimanoStarting from a brake system, which was already the benchmark for mountain bike brake systems, the SHIMANO engineers revised the design of the new brake levers (BL-M9100/9120). Both the clamp and the lever body itself have been modified. The clamp moves further into the middle of the lever and is angled. This cleverly supports the outer end of the expansion tank directly on the handlebar and creates an additional abutment when the lever is actuated. This significantly increases stiffness and stability, which ultimately leads to an even more direct braking feel and improved controllability.
The two-piston brake (BR-M9100) comes in combination with a light XC brake lever, whose grip width is of course individually adjustable. The four-piston brake (BR-M9120) recalls its immense potential in combination with a special SERVO-WAVE brake lever (BL-M9120), whose grip width can also be adjusted without tools and which also has an adjustment option for the free travel. Both calipers have a one-piece aluminum design and are combined with highly rigid brake lines, so that the new XTR brake systems score with significantly faster response and less free travel.
The brake pads and brake discs have also been revised to match the newly developed brake calipers. The four-piston brakes use brake pads with cooling fins. (N03/04A, resin/metal). On the other hand, the pads without Kührippen (K02/04S, resin/metal; optionally K02/04Ti with titanium carrier plate) ensure good deceleration with low weight. The design of the brake discs is a further development of the successful ICE TECHNOLOGIES FREEZA design. While the further weight reduction of 5g and 10g is particularly attractive for the 140mm and 160mm discs, the 180mm and 203mm versions are characterised by a further improvement in heat dissipation of 20°C in intensive tests and are also pleasantly low-weight (203mm: minus 30g).
- Quicker rebound between actions maintains rider concentration
- Greater flexibility and action-optimized cockpit layout
- Update brake lever shape
- Seamless operation
- High rigidity
- High-performance brake control
- High power
- 4-Piston Caliper
- Brake Caliper for Postmount Brake
- Optimized ergonomic 2-finger brake lever
- One-Way bleeding
- I-Spec EV compatible - securing the shift lever on the brake lever
- RT-MT900 Centerlock rotor in 140, 160, 180, 203mm are available separately!
- Use: MTB, Enduro, Trail
- Group: XTR M9100
- Model: BR-M9120 (front)
- Brake type: Hydraulic Disc-Brake
- Brake lever: BL-M9120
- Lever length: 2-Finger
- Mount: left
- Clamp: open
- Adjustable pressure point: Yes
- Reach adjustment: Yes, without tool
- Caliper: BR-M9120 (4-Piston)
- Brake mounting: Postmount
- Brake pads: N04C Metal with Fin
- Brake hose: SM-BH90-SBM
- Brake hose length: front 1000mm (shortable)
- Cable connection: Straight brake lever / Banjo caliper
- One-Way bleeding: Yes
- Brake fluid: Mineral oil
- Recommended brake rotor: RT-MT900
- Lever: Aluminum Anodized
- Caliper: Aluminum Painted
- from approx 385g (kit for front 800mm, w/160mm RT-MT900, w/o adapter, w/2bolts, w/Metal pad)
In The Box:
- 1 Brake lever BL-M9120 left
- 1 Brake caliper BR-M9120 (4-Piston)
- 1 Brake hose SM-BH90-SBM 1000mm long (shortable)
- 1 Olive
- 1 Insertpin
- 1 Brake pads N04C Metal with Fin
- 2 Screws for brake caliper
- Disc brake is ready for installation, completely assembled and bleeded!
Rotor and Adapter not included!
|Manufacturers Item Code||IM9120KLFPNA100|
|Product Source||This product is sourced from international suppliers|
|Groupset / Series||XTR|